Tall trees that reach the sky,
Mountains and lakes near by,
Draw near my friends, come sing my friends,
Our campfire time is nigh.
Hello again! How do you like the new layout? If you haven't noticed, I've been trying to keep with the whole blue/green/red theme of the GM logo, but now things are a bit brighter (:
(I was about to start this paragraph with "Speaking about GM," but then I realized, Rachel, this whole BLOG is speaking about GM. So let's try this again.)
Camp is less than a month away! Can you believe it? I can't. When I created a little countdown on my Facebook profile, there were over 400 days to go. And now - 24. Crazy!
This weekend I took a trip down to Burlington to visit Mountain Equipment Co-op. It's a pretty cool store for a Girl Guide. Never have I seen that many headlamps or packets of dehydrated food in one place. Plus, you can find clothing that was made in Canada :O It's unreal. Our unit now has at least one solar shower to use at camp!
Exams are fast approaching, so our unit hasn't had any time to get together yet. I hope you're all reading and commenting on Hazel's blog, who is coming to GM from the UK and doing much more interesting things to prepare for her trip ^.^ There's also Caitlin's blog, another blogger from Ontario (Click their names to visit their blogs!)
If you have a Facebook account, make sure you join the Guiding Mosaic group! There's all sorts of discussions happening on the boards right now, where you can ask any questions you have about GM. Threads for different neighbourhoods have been started too, so you can chat with some of the people you'll be camping with in only a few weeks :D
Time to get back to that homework :/
Days to GM: 24
Dude, I'm totally exited about camp!!!
ReplyDeleteYour doing an awesome job with your blog!
I am a Ranger coming from Edmonton, Alberta... looking forward to meet you and everyone else coming!
You're too kind! I can't wait to see you there, it's going to be AWESOME!
ReplyDelete