They all call it Canada, but I call it home!
It's been a crazy busy week this week! Thursday, after 2 years and 120 days, I finally got my braces off :D On Friday I went to Canada's Wonderland with our school band, and on Saturday I got my birthday present early (:
She has yet to be named though!
On the GM front, I've been busy making some swaps and attaching my little name tags. Anybody else do something like this?
My unit is planning a swap party to make swaps before camp - maybe some tie-dye hat crafts for the 70's Ranger Village if I can find turquoise dye ^.^ We'll also be making shrink art swaps! I have a surfboard-shaped shrinky dink on my hat from California that I thought was really creative. Here's a tester that I've done for GM:
The hiring has been finished for the photography team, and right now we're all starting to get to know one another via Facebook. It's going to be tons of fun looking after the photography at GM, and I can't wait to meet everybody!
Be sure to leave me a comment below (: Let me know how your unit is getting ready for Mosaic!
Days to GM: 32

Hi Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI'm a Patrol Guider from Brantford and we're going to Mosaic. We are meeting on Monday to make swaps and we thought of shrink art too. Fast and easy. We're in the Orange '40's neighbourhood. Where are you?
Tina
tina.reibling@sympatico.ca
Congratulations on getting your braces off. :)
ReplyDeleteA question about the name tags you are attaching to the swaps. Are you plasticizing them so they can't get destroyed by rain or are you just printing them out on paper and leaving them like that? I was thinking of making little name tags for my swaps but I don't know if I should go through the trouble of plasticizing all of them or not.
Glad to see shrink art being used! I am hoping to go as a visiting camper. Good luck on your swaps!
ReplyDeleteHi Tina (: All of the Rangers will be together at GM in the turquoise 70's village!
ReplyDeleteThanks c1a2t345 ^.^ The last time I made them it worked alright just safety pinning them on, but they rip pretty easily. Now that you mention it, getting some kind of plastic to go over them is a really good idea. Self-adhesive plastic probably wouldn't be too much trouble - even just printing the tags on cardstock so that they're stronger would work.
Thanks Debbie! I love shrink art - at Pathfinder camp a few years ago we spent a couple of hours making it one afternoon (: Hope you'll be able to come out to GM!
Hi Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI have been busy making swaps and tags myself. I am putting clear packing tape over it so it doesnt get ruined. Its alot of taping but well worth it, especially if we get some type of rain in the 10 days.
I am unsure on how many to bring, how many are u bringing?