Monday, June 28, 2010

Things in the Mail


The monkey fell out of his bunk (THUMP)
And slid down the elephant's trunk (WHEE!)
The elephant sneezed and fell on his knees,
But what became of the monkey (monkey, monkey, monkey...)?

Hello everyone! Hopefully you're all finished exams and things and have officially started your summer (:

On Tuesday I got a very exciting package in the mail from Girlguiding UK! When I was at an international camp in Manitoba last summer, a group from SW England was there, and they had the most amazing GG shirts I have ever seen. So I *had* to order one ;D Our centenary shirt was kind of a disappointment compared to this:


The little circle emblem is the GGUK centenary logo:


And it says "Girlguiding UK Girls in the Lead" on the sleeve. I thought it was awesome.





Wonder if I'd confuse the British Guiders when they heard my accent while wearing that shirt at camp?

I also got THESE :D Not that they'll be coming to camp :(





The most amazing pair of flip flops in my collection.
If GGC ever decides to make flip flops, I will be the first to order a pair!





So that's what came via snail mail...via e-mail I recieved the 7th edition of GM Buzz, which was pretty exciting! Have you had the chance to read it yet? Town Square sounds incredible. I can't believe how much work and dedication is going into making this such a great camp. A big thank you to any volunteers reading this! GM2010 is going to be the best GM yet :D

Days to GM: 10

5 comments:

  1. GM Buzz 7 is quite exciting especially with town square,glad they accept debit too,hopefullyI see ya at camp

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you confuse British Guiders when wearing that then I will probably confuse people as well. :P I'm from Canada but I have all the British guiding stuff because I live in the UK right now, and I have a Canadian accent. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these emails coming out are making me super excited for mosaic and cant believe its only 10 days away

    ReplyDelete
  4. ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!!!!

    So much to do between now and then! Has anyone started packing yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i started packing... sorta. I am so pumped! YEAH!!! i have a ton of swaps and i really cant wait!

    What year are all of you guys?

    ReplyDelete