Sunday, July 4, 2010

Be Prepared, Eh?

The wood has all been brought, the fire is burning brightly,
The smoke soars up, our circle is completed,
Our campfire is open.

Hello again! Can you believe that this time next week, we'll all be at GM? I'm so excited :D

This weekend has been busy getting ready for camp, but I'm certainly not prepared yet. I leave Wednesday, and my packing came to a screeching halt after I printed my kit list. It's on the to-do list for tomorrow, so with any luck by this time Monday I'll be back here telling you I've finished.

On Saturday, Mel and I, 2/3 of our patrol, got together to make some swaps and t-shirts. If you interested in swapping for some fresh air, straight from GM, or perhaps some bug juice, chase down Melanie, she'll be happy to trade you some!



We made some more shrink art...including a few moose. That's moose plural ;)

We tried doing reverse tie-dye with bleach, but didn't have the right spray nozzle, so it ended up a bit of a mess. Luckily we had this super-cool fabric spraypaint, so we used that over top. Some of it looks like a mess, but some of it turned out pretty well. We were going for a...uh, distressed look.
Today I was making these tie-dye swaps. They were quite the labour of love xD I'm in the Ranger village, which is turquoise and the 1970's. Turquoise tie-dye however, is hard to come by at the dollar store, so I tried mixing blue and yellow. It was dark outside, and the blue totally overpowers the yellow, so I threw it in and hoped for the best. We came out with something less turquoise, and more surgical green, but the tie-dye effect is pretty cool! Clear backing was ironed on the back, and my mom took her surger to go around the outside, so they sort of look like actual badges (: Though I wouldn't sew one on a camp blanket, with the glitter. Today I drew and glitter-glued 14 of them, and I like how they turned out ^.^ What do you think? Let me know in the comments!

I've printed all of my health forms, photocopied my swim test form, put labels on my swaps, rinsed out my solar shower, bought some glow sticks, and have the contents of my bedroll spewed across my floor. To quote my history teacher, "we're getting there".

Days to GM: 3 

5 comments:

  1. I love the patch swaps! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NERDFIGHTER???
    Cause I totally am too~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the patches.... were going to have a great timne. We have to make sure we find eachother to meet and swap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayla - YES! There are going to be so many at camp (: We're thinking of having a gathering! ^.^

    And Caitlin - for sure! We're on the same neighbourhood, so I'll see you there :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moose is plural and singular! Who would have thought! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete